Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park Security
Sporting Event Security Measures
Installation of security road blockers, barriers & bollards within the Olympic site to help prevent vehicle borne attacks
Installed Airport level Security Measures within Olympic Park
Scope of Works:
Partnering with Volker Fitzpatrick, Mackin installed security measures at more than 20 key locations across the Olympic Park.
- A temporary works area was set up on site including a site office and ‘goods in’ secured compound.
- Traffic and pedestrian management measures were introduced in liaison with the main contractor.
- Works were carried out to excavate and install; ducting for power supply; below ground high strength reinforced concrete; and foundations for security control panels.
- Reinstatement works included tarmac and paving.
- Military grade, stone filled, ‘Hesco Barriers’ were installed at key locations across the Olympic Park.
- Co-ordination works to ensure they did not delay other critical works occurring across the Olympic Park.
- Post-games Mackin decommissioned the site security measures and salvaged the normally one-time use vehicle blockers’, for reuse.
All works delivered on time. And salvage of the vehicle blockers saved the client a considerable sum of money.