Elephant & Castle is undergoing a transformation like no other. We worked closely with J. Murphy’s management team to carry out a hard-standing landscape package in a challenging environment.
Hard & Soft Landscaping to Complement Award Winning Monumnet
Provided hard and soft surfacing incorporating paving, kerbs, tarmac, reinforced concrete and lift base. Approximately 1500 m2 of paving, installation of road which included a subbase, base and asphalt.
We excavated around live services and relocated others. Provided back fill to exploration trenches, installed kerbs, paving and tree pits. Re-routed a road junction, reinstatement of road surfacing, installation of street furniture and completed the construction of a Santander bike stand.
A number of challenges surfaced but solutions were found to overcome them;
• Restricted access,
• Live services (some re-routed),
• Other contractors in area,
• Accelerated programme of works,
• Continuous changes to phasing – MCL adapted to all
• Onsite adaption to material
• Working around conservation listed oak trees