Cranfield University's New Transport Engineering Research Centre
Education Sector Development
Mackin was contracted to deliver the groundwork services which included the enabling works, drainage and hard landscaping. The work was carried out on a busy university campus.
Enabling Works for New Research Centre
Scope of Works:
Enabling works carried out for new building including excavation trench work and pipe laying for drainage network. Established reinforced concrete foundation, reinstatement works and resurfacing.
- Work involved Installation of reinforced concrete column foundation pillars,
- Reinforced concrete slab created for ground,
- Excavating trenches for storm drainage, waste pipes and installation of attenuation tank,
- Completed works by laying a base core, pathing, Installation of bollards, Erect fencing and tarmac reinstatement.
- Working to a critical deadline and within a tight budget
- Traffic management around the site which required safety mitigation,
- Delivered project during a busy campus and immediately adjacent to emergency access routes associated with the adjacent live airport.
- Dealing with security and strict site access protocols.
Projects delivered on time and to budget.